Sunday, April 14, 2013

#30--Aunt Beth Day is in the Books

Two of my most favorite people who ever lived are under the age of nine. And they are fantastic. And they make me smile every single time I think about them.

So, it was no doubt that something with my two fav gals (Norah, almost nine, and Brighton, three and a half) had to make the list.

AUNT BETH DAY IT IS!

My older brother, Chris, caught wind of this and used #30 on my list as a bargaining tool for some free babysitting just before St. Patty's Day. (As if I needed much coaxing). I woke up the Saturday before St. Patty's and taught class, then hopped in the car and drove to Louisville. Commence Aunt Beth Day 2013.

So, compliments of Instagram, here's what we did:



First stop, free zoo...I mean Petsmart. Aunt Beth needed to pick up cat food and we were right there. Please note these outfits. Brighton is wearing a tutu dress (the only thing she will currently wear), socks pulled up to her knees and dress shoes. Norah is wearing a fancy sundress, sweater, and furry boots. I was wearing sweatpants. Sounds about right.



These gals love to do crafts, and Aunt Beth is always willing to participate. So off to Michael's we went so they could each pick out a craft project. Norah got beads that you melt together into shapes and Brighton got a foam castle to put together (and a bonus Dora puzzle).


Lunch at Steak 'n' Shake was up next. Thank goodness I carry tons of writing utensils in my purse for coloring sheet fun. 


While there, some three-year-old I know was a show-off and wrote the letter "B" all by herself.


After lunch, we stopped by Walmart to pick up a few things for Granny. Right about this time, Brighton was yelling, "I'm riding this cart so fast!" You don't have to make sense when you're three.


Despite the fact that Brighton enthusiastically told me my car was "so beautiful" over and over, it was a hot mess. So, we ran through the car wash. And listed to "I Knew You Were Trouble" by T-Swift on repeat. Because that song is infinitely better when sang by a three-year-old and an almost nine-year-old at the top of their lungs.


Then it was off to Granny and Pawpaw's house for the evening. We played lots of babies throughout the rest of the day (otherwise known as Aunt Beth changing baby doll outfits over and over).


Don't worry. That outfit wasn't just for looks folks. This was the first of many performances for the evening.


All that dancing is hard work.


After dinner, we headed down to the basement to watch Hotel Transylvania. Obviously, no movie is complete without popcorn and Sour Patch Kids. And a headband put on by yourself. (Check out that hair).


Then it was slumber party time. Girls slept on a pallet on the living room floor. Aunt Beth is old and so she slept on the couch. I believe this was approximately five minutes after Brighton claimed she was "so not tired."


Luckily these little stinkers were tired from their busy day before so they slept in. Or at least that's what I told myself since it was also Daylight Savings Time.

Overall, it was a great day. I'm pretty sure getting to be Aunt Beth to these two (or "Aunt Bef" as B calls me) is my most favorite job.

No comments:

Post a Comment