Thursday, May 24, 2012

One Week Away from Finishing #22

#22--Complete a Beth Moore Bible Study

This might sound like an easy task, but if you've ever done one of these studies, you know they are intense. There are five lessons a week and 10 total weeks of work to complete. And, we're not talking 15 minutes of work or so a lesson. We're talking a solid 45 minutes for each one.

In the past, I've started six different Beth Moore Bible studies. Yes, six. And, I've completed a big, whopping zero.


Imagine my surprise when my Bible study group decided to do one of these studies, unaware of the fact that this would help me knock off one of my 30 things.

Since the beginning of the year, we've been working our way through this little beauty:


The website describes the study this way: Breaking Free by Beth Moore leads you through Scripture to discover the transforming power of freedom in Jesus Christ. Themes for this study come from Isaiah, a book about the captivity of God's children, the faithfulness of God, and the road to freedom. It draws parallels between the captive Israelites of the Old Testament and New Testament believers in Jesus as the Promised Messiah.


Sounds simple, right? Not in the slightest. But, I will say this--this study has been incredible. I have learned so much about myself, about the women in my group, and about the God that I serve. And, is there any coincidence that my first completed Beth Moore Bible study was lucky number 7? I think not.


So, I'm one week out from knocking another thing off the list. PROGRESS!

Look back soon for a post on how I crossed #8 off the list--Do something crazy.  (A little hint--It has something to do with the picture below).


No comments:

Post a Comment