Thursday, June 30, 2011

#12 Is In the Beginning Stages

12. Take an actual vacation.


The word "vacation" means something different to everyone.  To some, it's camping yourself out on a beach with a Tervis full of water and a good book with your toes in the sand.  For others, it's traveling to crazy parts of the world.  Dictionary.com (totally worthy of being quoted) defines it as "a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel."


If you've ever met me, you'd know that I have no actual idea what a vacation is because I never take them.  I'm too cheap and always have too many things going on to fit them in.  It never fails--people at work as me if I have any big vacation plans for the summer.  My typical response: "Don't really have anything planned.  I'll probably do a couple of long weekend trips at some point."  Do I ever take said long weekend trips?  Not quite.


Next year will be different though.  Not only will I make the promise to take a few long weekend trips next summer, I've partially booked one.  And if you've met me, you know that's big.


It's no secret: I'm a Jazzercise junkie.  Started taking class about two and a half years ago.  Last year around this time decided to move from student to instructor, and have been leading classes since October.  And\it is most certainly one of the most random and fantastic things that I've ever done.  This girl who hates having any sort of attention on herself stands on a stage four times a week with a Brittany Spears mic on, jumping around saying every cheesy thing possible to motivate her students to push themselves harder in their workout.  And I absolutely look forward to it.


It would make sense that I do some sort of mini-vacation with Jazzercise in mind.    So, when I found out that Jazzercise was hosting a live routine taping at the end of next June in Orlando, I bought my ticket.  
Judi Sheppard Missett--I'll see you in 365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment