Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'm Back!

I've obviously been on a bit of a blogging hiatus. This is absolutely to blame.


Buy a house and you will quickly realize that anything you had planned to do will quickly change. I am still absolutely loving the whole "I own a house of my own" life, but it has definitely thrown my "30 Before 30" list a bit off schedule.

I have been able to do a few things, though.

Inspired by this post, I created this piece of artwork made from old book covers. This 5'x5' piece of artwork is one of my favorites, both in appearance and cost. Due to a free book offering in the CCU library, a piece of extra plywood I found in my basement, and a $5 bottle of Gorilla Glue, this piece is a great way to add a splash of color to my bedroom.

Thanks to this crazy little website called Pinterest, I found a great use for some old doors that were left behind in my basement (When the previous owners were updating the house, they replaced all of the interior doors. The original doors were left behind in the basement and I have been dying to find ways to incorporate them into the house). The wreath above the bed is made from a Styrofoam ball, extra yarn from another project, and the pages of a couple of those books from the picture above. I have plans to recover the lamp shades to provide more contrast between the lamps and the doors and to switch out the pictures in those frames. My mom is also working on a new quilt for my bed, and I'm chomping at the bit for it.

I adore family furniture pieces and my dining room table is no exception. The table and chairs belonged to my dad's parents and it is beautiful. The chairs, however, were quite dated thanks to the child-friendly, gold  pleather cushions. Armed with a staple gun and a screwdriver, these dated chairs got a makeover with some charcoal gray fabric with a small golden yellow design. They are perfect in my gray dining room just off my soon-to-be yellow kitchen.

To say I'm obsessed with chevron feels like the understatement of the century. With a few 30 cent tiles from Home Depot (which is quickly rising to the top of my list of favorite stores) and some paint that I already had on hand, these tile coasters are a great addition to a red, white and gray living room. Felt pads underneath the tiles protect the furniture from being scratched. But I love this little chevron touches around the room.


And, in typical Beth fashion, I've been crocheting up a storm. You'll notice that chevron has even made it's way into my favorite hobby. Crocheting has always been a favorite way to pass time and keep my hands busy while sitting on the couch. And, thanks to an incredible teacher (three cheers for Belinda!), I'm always learning new ways to grow and protect my craft.

So, as you can see, my blogging absence has been thanks to a very cute house that requires much of my time.

Don't worry, I have a couple new projects on their way to the bloggity blog for you. Two more goals knocked off this list. Details soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment