Monday, March 12, 2012

Another Craft in the Books!

Last spring, I helped a great friend finish some projects for her nursery for her soon-to-arrive bundle of joy Luke. I had a blast helping Rachel recover some hideous cushions for a rocking chair and ottoman they were given (I am happy to report that the cushions are much better looking after their inexpensive face lift) and to make some super cute curtains.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a message from another sweet friend, Priscilla, to help her recover some cushions on a rocker/ottoman set that they had picked up at a garage sale when they had their first little fella Simon (who is now two and such a handsome little man). For their next little guy, they wanted to change up the look in the nursery and I was happy to help! And when I saw the fabric that she chose, I knew this project was going to be a blast.

With very little spent on some new fabric and a couple of hours, their rocker/ottoman set now has a whole new look. And, in typical Rogers' fashion, I added a couple of bonus projects as special gifts for the fam--a pillow that plays off the look of the fabric and a frame wrapped in the fabric. (My mom would be so proud.)

No comments:

Post a Comment